On-line Tax Payment
Welcome to the City of Ann Arbor on-line tax payment system. This site was created to give taxpayers the opportunity to make property tax payments with an e-check, also referred to as Automated Clearing House (ACH) payment, or with a credit or debit card. You will incur NO ADDITIONAL processing or transaction fees by paying your taxes using the ACH method. Transaction fees apply to credit and debit card transactions. These are secure transactions conducted through the City of Ann Arbor's banking partner, J.P. Morgan Chase.
Please note that your account is pre-registered. All passwords and other account information are reset at the beginning of each tax season for security purposes. At the beginning of each tax season(July 1st and December 1st), You will be asked for your initial password as described below. At this point, re-enter your initial password (your zip code) and you will be prompted to create a new password.
Your Login ID is your 12-digit Tax Parcel Id Number. Example: 09XXXXXXXXXX
Your Initial Password is your 5-digit zip code. For example, if your zip code is 48104, your Password will be 48104
Access to your account involves entering information from your tax statement. This helps ensure your privacy. Please have it handy before you proceed. Don't have your tax bill handy? (Click here to retrieve your tax and assessment data)
You will need your tax bill and the following information to make an online tax payment.
- Payments are posted on normal business days. This excludes weekends and City of Ann Arbor holidays.
- Payments made up to 11:59 p.m. EST on normal business days will be posted to the tax account the same business day.
- Please allow 2-7 business days for our systems to reflect your payment.
- JPMorgan Chase transaction fees of approximately 2-3% are assessed to credit and debit card transactions.
- It is the sole responsibility of the ACH originator (taxpayer) to ensure the accuracy and completeness of ACH authorization. It is not the responsibility of the City to ensure that ACH authorizations are correct.
- Failed ACH transactions will result in reversal of payment, and may result in penalties for late payment. Please check with your banking institution to ensure the transaction has completed successfully.
- The amount due shown in this system on the first business day of a penalty period may not reflect penalties incurred and due.
- In the case of international payments, funds must be drawn on a U.S. bank account.
- There are no processing or transaction service fees associated with the ACH payment method.
If you have any questions, please call Customer Service at (734) 994-2833.